Created for those who want to pack light and go far no matter the weather, the Visp rain pants boasts wind and rain protection in an ultralight package. Made with a customized 3-layer waterproof/breathable fabric, it’s fully stormproof, yet has an exceptionally breathable feel. Weighing in at around 4 ounces for most sizes, you’ll barely know it’s in your pack until you need it. The customized 3-layer fabric combines ultralight 7D ripstop nylon, a waterproof/breathable ePTFE membrane, and a soft tricot lining for a comfortable next-to-skin feel. A waterproof 12" ankleYKK Uretek zipper allows for the easy removal over boots and shoes, and it also keeps moisture from coming in. A snap on the hem of the pant leg can also be used. The waistband is elastic, to ensure a comfortable fit. The articulated knee and crotch gusset allow for a full range of movement while the slightly tapered leg allows for an ideal fit. You can wear the Visp pants to shed wind and rain, or pair it with a Torrid APEX pants for a highly effective, ultralight pant system.
- Customized waterproof/breathable fabric has a ripstop 7D nylon outer layer with a durable water repellent finish, a waterproof/breathable membrane, and a tricot lining
- Waterproof to 20,000mm H₂0
- Moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR): 75,000 g/m²/24hr
- The outside of pant legs has a 12" #3 waterproof YKK Uretek ankle zipper with snap closure at the bottom to ensure water won't get in
- Elastic waistband
- Fabric colors may appear different from images shown due to rendering and monitor differences. Read more about our Fabrics.
- Handmade in Winona, Minnesota.
Sizes run about a half size large for layering purposes.