Equally at home on an alpine approach and a windswept lake, the Torrid APEX Jacket offers warmth, wind protection, and moisture resistance at an ultralight weight. Designed to keep you warm while keeping your pack light, the jacket starts at just 7.75 ounces (220g). Built using 2oz/yd² CLIMASHIELD™ APEX synthetic insulation, the Torrid maintains warmth and breathability even when damp.
The smooth ultralight nylon fabric has a durable water repellent finish for better performance in light precipitation. The elastic waistband and cuffs keep warmth in and cold out. The optional hood adjusts with a shock cord, and a grosgrain zipper garage at the chin increases comfort. Zippered pockets keep the essentials at hand. The Torrid APEX Jacket is slightly oversized to accommodate layers, and has raglan sleeves for a full range of movement. For those who won’t let weather get in the way, the Torrid APEX Jacket is the perfect 3-season layer.
Important Note: Custom orders cannot be changed once they are in production. Returned custom orders (or custom orders cancelled after production has started) will incur a 20% restocking fee. No exceptions.
Need your Torrid Jacket right away? Shop our ready to ship options. They ship in 1-2 days! Shop ready to ship Torrid Jacket.
- Climashield APEX insulation performs better than down in wet and humid conditions, dries quickly, packs small, and is easy to clean
- Raglan style sleeves to increase comfort and range of motion
- Zippered insulated handwarmer pockets
- Elastic waist and wrist closures
- Ultralight nylon fabric has a DWR finish and has been customized for comfort
- Fabric colors may appear different from images shown due to rendering and monitor differences. Read more about our Fabrics.
- Handmade in Winona, Minnesota.
CLIMASHIELD™ APEX weights may vary +/- 10% due to production variances
Sizes run about a half size large for layering purposes. Check out the size chart tab above to help you decide which will provide you the perfect fit.
We accept returns of new and unused items with all tags attached, within 30 days of shipment. Returned custom orders, or custom orders cancelled after production has started, incur a 20% restocking fee. For more information, check out our policies.