The Recon bivy keeps you protected from splashes, ground moisture, and bugs during all your adventures. With no-see-um mesh panels over the head and torso, the Recon boasts excellent ventilation and moisture control. To keep you dry, there’s a 5.5 inch bathtub floor made with waterproof 15D silnylon. The side and top fabric panels are made with our customized ultralight nylon, with a durable water repellent finish to shed dew and frost.
A center zipper runs the length of the mesh window, making it easy to set up your sleep system and get in and out of the Recon. A shock cord suspends the head and foot ends to give you increased interior space. Stake loops and stiffeners at the bathtub corners allow you to quickly stake out the bivy and maintain the bathtub’s shape. You can pair the bivy with our Rival or Rival Duo tarp for an ultralight shelter with full weather protection.
Important Note: Custom orders cannot be changed once production starts. Returned custom orders (or custom orders cancelled after production has started) will incur a 20% restocking fee. No exceptions.
Need your Recon right away? Shop our ready to ship options. They ship in 1-2 days! Shop ready to ship Recon.
- Large no-see-um mesh window allows for ventilation while offering full coverage from bugs
- Ultralight nylon footbox and side panels reduce drafts and have a durable water repellent finish to provide splash protection
- 5.5” bathtub floor made with 15D waterproof silnylon protects you from ground moisture
- Center zipper allows easy access, and features two double-sided pull sliders so exit is always within reach
- Shock cords at the head and foot ends give the bivy increased interior space
- Bathtub corners have stiffeners and stake loops for quick setup
- Fabric colors may appear different from images shown due to rendering and monitor differences. Read more about our Fabrics.
- Handmade in Winona, Minnesota.
- Regular / Regular - Fits users up to 6’ tall with a girth up to 56”
- Long / Wide - Fits users up to 6'6" tall with a girth up to 62”
- Both sizes can fit a pad up to 77" x 25" x 2.5"
- Pitched height at head end: 18"
- Pitched height at foot end: 15"
We accept returns of new and unused items with all tags attached, within 30 days of shipment. Returned custom orders, or custom orders cancelled after production has started, incur a 20% restocking fee. For more information, check out our policies.