Built with ultralight 7D sil/PU nylon, the Rival tarp offers full coverage in a tiny package. It’s factory seam-taped and fully waterproof to keep you nice and dry through the night. The Rival comes with 7 reinforced tie-out points so you can pitch the Rival using your trekking poles, sticks, nearby trees, or stakes. Ridgeline tie-outs and generous length allow you to pitch the foot end more vertically with full storm coverage. Designed to pair with the Recon bivy, the Rival includes interior loops at the head and foot end for easy attachment. Tie-out points include LineLocs for quick tension adjustments, and the LineLocs are girth-hitched in place so you can easily remove them. You can choose between three fabric colors.
This is the perfect addition to your pack to keep your sleep system simple, ultralight, and effective.
If you are interested in a different color consider purchasing a custom Rival
- Made of 7D silnylon with a polyurethane coating on the interior for ultralight waterproof performance
- Tapered shape for full coverage with minimal weight
- 7 tie-out loops accommodate trekking poles, lines, or stakes for a range of setup styles
- 3 additional grosgrain tabs along each side for versatility
- Factory seam-taped; center ridgeline tie-outs may require seam sealing on stitches
- Includes an interior loop at the head and foot end, so you can pair the Rival with the Recon Bivy for a 1-person shelter weighing less than 14 oz
- Fabric colors may appear different from images shown due to rendering and monitor differences. Read more about our Fabrics.
- Handmade in Winona, Minnesota.
10ft ridgeline: 120 inches (305cm)
7ft wide at the head end: 84 inches (214cm)
- 5ft wide at the foot end: 60 inches (152cm)
Silnylon mini stuff sack
- 7 LineLocs (adds 0.32 oz)
We accept returns of new and unused items with all tags attached, within 30 days of shipment. For more information, check out our policies.