When you need to keep your hands warm in the cold, look no further than the Torrid Mitts. Built using our ultralight fabrics and continuous filament CLIMASHIELD™ APEX synthetic insulation, Stronghold Mittens boast packable warmth and great all-weather performance. It’s also easy to wash your synthetic mittens of dirt, sweat, and oil.
The mitten palm is constructed with durable 70D ripstop nylon, and the outer fabric is ultralight 20D ripstop nylon with a water repellent finish. The gauntlet cuff features a thin shock cord and cordlock to secure the Stronghold Mittens on your hands and lock out cold wind and snow. When you’re not using them, the Stronghold Mittens pack down small to fit just about anywhere in your pack.
Need your Torrid Mitts right away? Shop ready to ship Torrid Mitts. They ship in 2-3 days!
- 2oz/yd², 4oz/yd², or 6oz/yd² CLIMASHIELD™ APEX insulation performs better than down in wet and humid conditions, dries quickly, packs small, and is easy to clean.
- CLIMASHIELD™ APEX weights may vary +/- 10% due to production variances. Read more about our Fills.
- Mitten palm is constructed with 70D ripstop nylon for durability around camp.
- 20D ripstop nylon outside, 10D inside.
- Fabric colors might appear slightly different from images shown. Read more about our Fabrics.
- Sizes run about a half size large for a loose, comfortable fit. Check out the Fit and Sizing tab above to help you decide which will provide you the perfect fit.
- If using the 6oz. APEX, you may want to size up to compensate for the increased insulation.
- Built with no sewn-through seams to eliminate cold spots.
- Adjustable shock cord at the wrist keeps warmth in and drafts out.
- Optional Flip Tops for finger release without removing mittens.
- Handmade in Winona, Minnesota.
Important Note: Custom orders cannot be changed once they are in production. Returned custom orders (or customer orders cancelled once production has started) will incur a 20% restocking fee. No exceptions. For more information, check out our policies.