The Torrid Vest offers ultimate weight savings in a 3-season layer. Equally at home in camp or on the trail, the Torrid Vest brings warmth, wind protection, and moisture resistance starting at just 4 ounces. Built using 2oz/yd² CLIMASHIELD™ APEX synthetic insulation, the Torrid Vest maintains warmth and breathability even when damp.
The smooth ultralight nylon fabric has a durable water repellent finish for better performance in light precipitation. The adjustable waistband keep warmth in and cold out. The optional hood adjusts with a shock cord, and a grosgrain zipper garage at the chin increases comfort. Zippered pockets keep the essentials at hand, and the Torrid Vest is slightly oversized to accommodate layers. For those who won’t let weather get in the way, the Torrid Vest is the perfect layering piece.
Important Note: Custom orders cannot be changed once they are in production. Returned custom orders (or custom orders cancelled after production has started) will incur a 20% restocking fee. No exceptions.
- Climashield APEX insulation performs better than down in wet and humid conditions, dries quickly, packs small, and is easy to clean
- Zippered insulated handwarmer pockets
- Shock cord waist adjustment in pocket
- Built with no sewn-through seams, to eliminate cold spots
- Ultralight nylon fabric has a DWR finish and has been customized for comfort
- Fabric colors may appear different from images shown due to rendering and monitor differences. Read more about our Fabrics.
- Handmade in Winona, Minnesota.
CLIMASHIELD™ APEX weights may vary +/- 10% due to production variances
Sizes run about a half size large for layering purposes. Check out the size chart tab above to help you decide which will provide you the perfect fit.
We accept returns of new and unused items with all tags attached, within 30 days of shipment. Returned custom orders, or custom orders cancelled after production has started, incur a 20% restocking fee. For more information, check out our policies.