Created for those who want to pack light and go far no matter the weather, the Visp rain jacket boasts wind and rain protection in an ultralight package. Made with a customized 3-layer waterproof/breathable fabric, it’s fully stormproof, yet has an exceptionally breathable feel. Weighing in at around 5 ounces for most sizes, you’ll barely know it’s in your pack until you need it.
The customized 3-layer fabric combines ultralight 7D ripstop nylon, a waterproof/breathable ePTFE membrane, and a soft tricot lining for a comfortable next-to-skin feel. A waterproof YKK Uretek front zipper keeps moisture from coming in the front. The hood adjusts along the front and the back, so you can keep it in place while maintaining your peripheral vision. The waistband adjusts with a light shock cord, and the droptail hem offers extra coverage in the back so it doesn’t ride up under your pack. The generous sleeve length is built for hand coverage, and the wrists adjust with a durable velcro cuff tab. You can wear the Visp alone to shed wind and rain, or pair it with a Torrid APEX jacket for a highly effective, ultralight jacket system.
Important Note: Custom orders cannot be changed once production has started. Returned custom orders (or custom orders cancelled after production has started) will incur a 20% restocking fee. No exceptions.
Need your Visp Jacket right away? Shop our ready to ship options. They ship in 1-2 days! Shop ready to ship Visp Jacket.
- Customized waterproof/breathable fabric has a ripstop 7D nylon outer layer with a durable water repellent finish, a waterproof/breathable membrane, and a tricot lining
- Waterproof to 20,000mm H₂0
- Moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR): 75,000 g/m²/24hr
- Full length, #3 waterproof YKK Uretek zipper
- Fitted hood with stiffened visor adjusts at the front and back to keep it in place while also pulling it out of your line of sight
- Shaped cuffs have a velcro adjustment for coverage or ventilation
- Waistband adjusts with a shock cord
- Droptail hem offers extra coverage in the back to keep the jacket from riding up under a pack
- Raglan sleeve design for a full range of movement
- All seams are factory seam-taped and fully waterproof
- Fabric colors may appear different from images shown due to rendering and monitor differences. Read more about our Fabrics.
- Handmade in Winona, Minnesota.
Sizes run about a half size large for layering purposes. Check out the size chart tab above to help you decide which will provide you the perfect fit.
We accept returns of new and unused items with all tags attached, within 30 days of shipment. Returned custom orders, or custom orders cancelled after production has started, incur a 20% restocking fee. For more information, check out our policies.