*** These In-Stock Hoods are 4oz/yd² fill, and Black 10D/ Charcoal 10D coloring***
For a good night's rest and a toasty warm head, the Torrid Hood is designed to be the perfect head insulation accessory for your Enlightened Equipment quilt or sleeping bag, or for extra warmth during the day. Built using our ultralight fabrics and CLIMASHIELD™ APEX synthetic insulation, the Torrid Hood keeps your head and neck warm in all conditions, wet or dry.
A lightweight shock cord runs over the forehead and around to the back of the Torrid Hood, allowing you to comfortably secure it to your head or close it over your eyes to sleep. The neck closure features three snaps to allow more or less airflow and lock out cold drafts. The Torrid Hood is also easy to wash, and dries quickly.
If you are interested in a different size, color, or fill, consider purchasing a Custom Torrid Hood.
- 4oz/yd² APEX comes in Black 10D/Charcoal 10D coloring.
- CLIMASHIELD™ APEX insulation performs better than down in wet and humid conditions, dries quickly, packs small, and is easy to clean.
- CLIMASHIELD™ APEX weights may vary +/- 10% due to production variances. Read more about our Fills.
- Ultralight nylon fabric. DWR finish. Black 10D or Burnt Orange 10D Primary fabric, Charcoal 10D Accent fabric.
- Fabric colors might appear slightly different from images shown. Read more about our Fabrics.
- The Torrid Hood pairs perfectly with a quilt or sleeping bag for head and neck coverage.
- Sizes run true based on the Size Chart. Check out the Size Chart tab above to help you decide which will provide you the perfect fit.
- Lightweight shock cord secures the Hoodlum where you want it, all night long.
- Built with no sewn-through seams to eliminate cold spots.
- Snaps down the front of the collar allow you to customize the fit and warmth.
- Made in Vietnam. Inspected in Winona, Minnesota.