A favorite of long distance backpackers, The Torrid Jacket offers warmth, wind protection, and moisture resistance at an ultralight weight. Designed to keep you warm while keeping your pack light, the jacket starts at just 7.75 ounces (220g). Built using 2oz/yd² CLIMASHIELD™ APEX synthetic insulation, the Torrid maintains warmth and breathability even when damp.
The smooth ultralight nylon fabric has a durable water repellent finish for better performance in light precipitation. The adjustable waistband and elastic cuffs keep warmth in and cold out. The optional hood adjusts with a shock cord, and a grosgrain zipper garage at the chin increases comfort. Zippered pockets keep the essentials at hand. The Torrid Jacket is slightly oversized to accommodate layers, and has raglan sleeves for a full range of movement. For those who won’t let weather get in the way, the Torrid Jacket is the perfect 3-season layer.
If you'd rather have a collar, need a different size, or want a color that isn't available here, consider ordering a Men's Torrid Jacket Custom.
- 2oz/yd² CLIMASHIELD™ APEX insulation performs better than down in wet and humid conditions, dries quickly, packs small, and is easy to clean.
- CLIMASHIELD™ APEX weights may vary +/- 10% due to production variances. Read more about our Fills.
- This jacket features either a Black 10D exterior with a Charcoal 10D interior or a Forest 10D exterior with a Charcoal 10D interior. Fabric colors might appear slightly different from images shown. Read more about our Fabrics.
- Sizes run about a half size large for layering purposes. Check out the fit and sizing tab above to help you decide which will provide you the perfect fit.
- Raglan style sleeves to increase comfort and range of motion.
- Zippered insulated handwarmer pockets with shock cord waist adjustment in pocket.
- Elastic wrist closures to keep out drafts up sleeves.
- Made in Vietnam. Inspected in Winona, Minnesota. For a made in the USA Torrid Jacket, shop our Men's Torrid Jacket Custom.