When you need to keep your hands warm in the cold, look no further than the Torrid Mitts. Built using our ultralight fabrics and continuous filament CLIMASHIELD™ APEX synthetic insulation, the Torrid Mitts boast packable warmth and great all-weather performance. It’s also easy to wash your synthetic mittens of dirt, sweat, and oil.
The mitten palm is constructed with durable 70D ripstop nylon, and the outer fabric is ultralight 20D ripstop nylon with a water repellent finish. The gauntlet cuff features a thin shock cord and cordlock to secure the Torrid Mitts on your hands and lock out cold wind and snow. When you’re not using them, the Torrid Mitts pack down small to fit just about anywhere in your pack.
If you are interested in a different color or fill, consider purchasing a pair of Custom Torrid Mitts.
- 4oz/yd² CLIMASHIELD™ APEX insulation performs better than down in wet and humid conditions, dries quickly, packs small, and is easy to clean.
- CLIMASHIELD™ APEX weights may vary +/- 10% due to production variances. Read more about our Fills.
- Mitten palm is constructed with 70D ripstop nylon for durability around camp.
- Black 20D ripstop nylon outside, Charcoal 10D inside.
- Fabric colors might appear slightly different from images shown. Read more about our Fabrics.
- Sizes run about a half size large for a loose, comfortable fit. Check out the Fit and Sizing tab above to help you decide which will provide you the perfect fit.
- Built with no sewn-through seams to eliminate cold spots.
- Adjustable shock cord at the wrist keeps warmth in and drafts out.
- Optional Flip Tops for finger release without removing mittens.
- Made in Vietnam. Inspected in Winona, Minnesota. For made in the USA Torrid Mitts, shop our Torrid Mitts Custom.