Torrid Hood Custom
For a good night's rest and a toasty warm head, the Torrid Hood is designed to be the perfect head insulation accessory for your Enlightened Equipment quilt or sleeping bag--or for extra warmth during the day. Built using our ultralight fabrics and CLIMASHIELD™ APEX synthetic insulation, the Torrid Hood keeps your head and neck warm in all conditions, wet or dry.
A lightweight shock cord runs over the forehead and around to the back of the Hoodlum, allowing you to comfortably secure it to your head or close it over your eyes to sleep. The neck closure features three snaps to allow more or less airflow and lock out cold drafts. The Torrid Hood is also easy to wash, and dries quickly.
- 2oz/yd², 4oz/yd², or 6oz/yd² CLIMASHIELD™ APEX insulation performs better than down in wet and humid conditions, dries quickly, packs small, and is easy to clean.
- CLIMASHIELD™ APEX weights may vary +/- 10% due to production variances. Read more about our Fills.
- Ultralight nylon fabric. DWR finish. 10D or 20D outside, 10D inside.
- Fabric colors might appear slightly different from images shown. Read more about our Fabrics.
- The Hoodlum pairs perfectly with a quilt or sleeping bag for head and neck coverage.
- Sizes run true based on the Size Chart.
- Ultralight design and materials resulting in weights under 2 ounces.
- Lightweight shock cord secures the Hoodlum where you want it, all night long.
- Built with no sewn-through seams to eliminate cold spots.
- Snaps down the front of the collar allow you to customize the fit and warmth.
Handmade in Winona, Minnesota.
Important Note: Custom orders cannot be changed once they are in production. Returned custom orders (or customer orders cancelled once production has started) will incur a 20% restocking fee. No exceptions. For more information, check out our policies.